Online Shopping Tips: Be Safe then Sorry!
- Make sure you checkout on secure sites: If there's a small locked padlock
or an unbroken key icon at the bottom of your screen, then the site's secure. Only
you and the store will be able to see your information.
- Pay by credit card: It gives you a record of your transaction, and if you're
not satisfied with a product or service that you purchased, your credit card issuer
may be able to help you. Additionally, your transaction will be protected by the
Billing Act. If you get fraudulently entries on your credit card statement,
with most credit cards you probably won't
be liable for anything at all. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover
all have these zero liability policies.
- Never send cash: Never, Never and Never!
And if you have to try a money order or personal check which can be
traced. Google Checkout and PayPal
is a much better alternative if available on site.
- Check ratings and reputations: Sites like Gomez.com and
BizRate.com provide ratings and reviews on hundreds of online stores.
- Stores you don't know: If a site fails to provide a mailing address, phone
number or other contact information, or does anything else that makes you suspicious
- spend your money some where else or search online about that store at Google.com , Live.com
or Yahoo.com .
- Read return and refund policy before you buy: How much time do you have
to return a product? Who pays when you send back a defective product? Is there a
restocking fee? Learn the answers to these questions before you buy.
- Print out confirmations to PDF: Whether it's an e-mail or a Web page, print
out your order's results as PDF and save it as a receipt. You can download
a PDF printer at
- Never send credit card or password info via e-mail: Normal e-mail is not
- Ask or Search in FAQ:
If you're unclear about anything -- from delivery costs to warranties to item condition
Search on site or send e-mail with your question or give a phone call.
Dealitem brings you here all the latest deals and coupons